View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Wuzzo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
I am experiencing difficulties with AirlineApps and I wanted to know if more experienced users have some advice. In the area where it asks for your flight time for each aircraft, it asks you to separate your PIC time from your “as instructor” time. Then it asks you to put in the dual/student time. The problem is it then proceeds to add the PIC (not including instructor time), your instructor time (not including your PIC time) and the Dual/Student time. The end result is that it says my total time is about 50 hours more than what it actually is because it does not consider you could be logging PIC and receiving instruction at the same time. Should I adjust my PIC, CFI, and Dual times so that my total time does not conflict with my resume?
I separated the times.

With some of the confusion, especially considering military time, I also wrote a memorandum to DAL explaining how I had calculated my time for AirlineApps. I put the memo on top of my logbook stack when I turned those in for the interview and didn't get a single question about my hours.