View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
EF77
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
I just don't see JB and AMR. They would have to give up a ton of assets in JFK, and I really don't think there is much to gain there without those facilities. The JB terminal is nice, but if they were to merge, it would be sold, and who wants a terminal that has no customs/immigration and has gates fitted to little busses? (Maybe DAL could pick that up cheap and tie together T2 thru T5.) Although, JB is good for increasing SOMEBODY's Caribbean presence, but doesn't AMR already have good lift there?
But Virgin would be an easy way to pick up a few busses. That is interesting.
Allegiant, SunCountry, Spirit and the others out there are wildcards. I really have no clue about any of them.

I think the biggest unknown out there is USAirways. Dougie just cannot sit around and watch the world around him changing and continue to hang on to some sort of misguided belief that he can make things better there with the status quo.
DL/B6 makes more sense with regards to JFK and caribbean. DL gives up T2 at JFK, T3 already scheduled for demo, they move intl ops into already announced new construction at T4 and run domestic out of T5. B6's caribbean presence does more to bolster DL's weaker presence when compared to AA.