Gets Weekends Off
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2005
  • Position
    Retired
Quote: Seems the Koreans are on the war-path about bring in counterfiet items. My co-pilot had bought a couple of real nice Rolexs from Jimmys while we were in Tapei. Heading home to Anchorage through Inchon the security guys got all excited about my co-pilot's watches. Held us up for over an hour while we waited for a customs officer to show up. Talked to the UPS crew coming out and they said similar things have happend to them. One Capt was bring back a couple of bottles of wine and the the Koreans saw fit to take it from him. He did get that back according to the UPS crew. In the end we spent almost 4 hours in custom hell over in the main terminal. They finally took my co-pilot's watches and he was out $600 bucks. So heads up if you've bought items to bring back home but are spending a night in Korea..........
JetJockF14 the last thing any pilot should do is **** off customs in any part of the world. How many watches did your F/O have? Having lost $600 in copy watches sound like 10-20 watches. You do realize you are breaking the law by having them. Don't think the issue is over because they just took them away. It all depends if they contact the company with their concerns. It may be nothing or it could end in termination.

I can't believe how oblivious some guys are to the risks of some of the good deals guys think their getting. Guys buy Rx drugs without a doctors supervision. I've heard of guys buying Rx drugs for members of their family. WOW! Are the drugs real? Are they out of date? Are they what you think they are? Buy the wrong type of drugs at the wrong quantity and get stopped in a place like Singapore or China the cost may be more than some money or your job. You may have to pay with your life.