View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:31 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Dear Vito

Dear Vito,

Actually he does have a betrothed one and much else to loose. Even the young and unattached have friends, family, self respect, community, financial security and the enthusiasm of youth. A few years in aviation can wipe away all those things and since you like to quote authors, once gone "you can never go home again".

As for myself next year I will turn 40. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and soon will have four young sons. Aviation has consistently kicked me to the curb. My career momentum is gone. At this point my odds are extremely dim and the price way too high. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them but as you know it takes a lot of money to properly care for a family. Just last week I turned down an interview with a local cargo outfit. The job would have meant moving my family from our small farm paradise and into a 2 bedroom apartment in a tuff urban neighborhood. At my stage in life I need a real job that offers real hope and pay. Nothing is on the horizon.

Perhaps some day I will be able to venture back. Thanks for your encouragement and support.

SkyHigh,