Old 12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
AVIVIII
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: DHC-6 / PC-12

After the skydiving season was over, I realized that I had gained a ton of weight. Sitting all day everyday, drinking ungodly amounts of beer at the end of the day and eating terribly.

I started working out and eating better as of Nov. 1, and I will join in.

Starting stats: 285 lbs, 6'5". Pants = 38" waist (with a little gut over it), 54" chest. Bench Press = 315lbs, Sqaut = 455lbs, 8:30 mile.

Now heres the goal: 240 lbs, 34" waist, loose a little in the chest (they are not quite man-boobs, but they still scare me...) and a 7 minute flat mile. I only posted my lifting abilities because it is important for me to do all of that without loosing any strength.

I am also looking for suggestions.

Heres what I have been doing: Run an average of 3 miles a day. Spend about 1.5 hours a day in the gym working out. I have not been increasing my lifts at all, just to make sure that they aren't gaining me any weight in muscle, but burning fat and toning out. My diet is anything that is low fat, low carbs and high protien, 2000 calories per day and 3 gallons of water. At my activity level, I figure i am burning 3200 cal/day.

Now I am not being impatient, but over the course of the last month, I have only lost 9 lbs and it seems to be slowing down.

Any suggestions?