View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Robert,

Are you a pilot? It's not uncommon to be issued altitudes and routings that aren't on filed flight plans.

I for one am getting sick and tired of this circus that is playing out in Brazil. It's time to let these pilots go, or press charges against them. Simple as that. Either Brazil has a justified reason to keep them held HOSTAGE, or they can release them to return home.

From what I see, they have no grounds to continue holding these pilots, and there certainly is n't a case for criminal prosecution. Things will continue to get ugly for Brazil the longer that they hold these guys PRISIONER. Especially as the holidays come around.

Now- for all of you pilots out there. If you haven't called, written, emailed, or visited your congressional representatives, I URGE YOU TO DO SO NOW!

The NBAA has set up a very easy and convenient website where you can do so. It takes only a few minutes to fill out and automatically routes your email to the proper reps/senators. DO IT NOW! If you don't get a reply in a few days, DO IT AGAIN! If you haven't written in the past week, DO IT AGAIN!

Here's the link:
http://web.nbaa.org/public/govt/action/?ISSUE=nbaa0010

WE NEED TO MAKE OUR COLLECTIVE VOICES HEARD. I can't emphasize that enough! WE NEED TO MAKE OUR COLLECTIVE VOICES HEARD!

Let's bring these guys home. Remember- The way that Brazil treats this accident has the strong potential to set precedence that could affect you down the road. Help end this circus before it gets any further out of hand.

I for one vow to refuse any future trips to Brazil as flight crew until Brazil comes into compliance with recognized international statutes.