View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
TheManager
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
...and of course you forget USAPA. Since they threw ALPA out things have been absolutely rosy around there. Multiple lawsuits, injunctions, massive legal bills, no contract advancement. Please let's be like them.
Apples and Oranges. Trying to connect DPA to USAPA is irresponsible as it is misinformation to the uninformed at best. Thing is, you are posting to a group of guys that have been around the block for the most part. What block am I referencing:

The one that ultimately might result in the removal of DALPA and ALPA.

1. The massive overindulgence and tone deaf out of control spending of dues $$$ coupled with the lack of fiscal responsibilty.

2. The lack of representation of the will of the "customers" (line pilots) at the MEC and National level.

3. Conflict of interests with the other ALPA member groups.

4. Finally, the arrogant and cavalier attitude of the DALPA MEC and their utter lack of communication and accountability.

Alpha. Lets get back to that apple/orange thing. USAPA was born out the blatant seniority grab done by the US Airways east pilots otherwise known as the "Angry F/O Club."

By forming USAPA and tossing ALPA, they hoped to disallow or ignore the Nicolau Award. That involves litagation. Can't promise anything as you are concerned with law suits. However, I only see possible litagation from the disgruntled folks that will cling to with ALPA with their last finger nail for what ever their personal motivations are.

Me. I don't see anything wrong with sending a card in and forcing the issue. Either DALPA/ALPA listens and changes.....quickly and with conviction, or, DPA will be given a chance to present their plan and a vote will be taken.

Actually...after mulling this over for the better part of two weeks, I put a Forever stamp on my envelope and gave it to the nice lady at the post office today.