View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Right now, when I ask, I'm told this group is the same group that tried the 44 recalls. In other words, it's the previous administration, trying to come back. It's the tie-up of the discarded products from the South and the North, driven by bitterness. I don't know if this is true, which is why I find it so important to hear who DPA really is.
I'm probably wasting my time because I don't think you care who DPA is, you just love ALPA no matter what. Love is a powerful force and you can't talk logic to love. But just in case, you certainly don't know if this is true, and you are of course completely speculating. But it doesn't matter. The people who are "pulling the strings" may not be the people that the membership elects to anything.

My fear is that we line pilots will get caugh in the middle. If the people that are obsessed with power would be content to simply be called "Mr. Chairman", and walk around in five-striped uniforms, saluting each other, it would be no problem.
Yes...you're just trying to protect line pilots. From what...themseleves? You know better? The cards will roll in. They'll either total 51%+ or not. Til then..."lighten up Francis."

I'm all for trading all this in for a new Product C12. New and improved. For that reason, I'm all for reforms, and not at all for old leaders to come back from the grave, or for power struggles disguised as something else.
I don't believe you are for reforms. I think you just say that so you can seem moderate in the face of ALPA's inexcusable financial appetite and conflicts of interest.

Carl