View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 AM
dosbo
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Furlough/Gun Driver

Originally Posted by Pilotdude3407 View Post
With all the doom and gloom about AWAC that has been posted, let me put it in perspective.

AWAC is a great place to work. As much as we complain (me included), and as much doom and gloom you hear, it is still better than anywhere else I can think of. I make almost $4 more an hour on 4 year pay than the most senior Republic FO flying the 170/175/190 and have since 3yr pay so take it for what it's worth. It is a correct statement that our resever language is pretty weak but once you are on line, your life gets a lot better. AWAC defiantly needs to improve in A LOT of places, but from the people I talk to at other carriers, it is no better and usually A LOT worse so when you hear how bad AWAC is, please look at how much worse it could be. So regardless of where you go, until the new regs come out, here is what you can expect from a regional carrier with specifics to AWAC: 12-15 days off. 3 and 4 day trips with junior lines containing 1-3 day trips back to back. 10-12hr duty days blocking 5-8hrs containing 3-6 legs and a few 7 leggers. 9-12hr overnights with a few exceeding 12hrs. Decent pay that arrives on time or early. Never had it late. Good medical benefits. Slightly above average contract with work rules that are better in some areas, not as good in others.

With all that said, I vote for you to try and come here and I wouldn't turn ANYONE away from working here if you are looking for a regional.

CHEERS
It really sucks when what is considered a slightly above average contract is concessionary language and pay rates from somewhere around 2003.

Not much of a poiint to make, but it is amazing how the expectations of the career have been lowered over the past decade.