Thread: FEDEX/UPS Help?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Buster
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 75/6 FO

Originally Posted by 1Seat 1Engine View Post
Not trying to hi-jack the thread but: Does anyone know if UPS prefers heavy drivers (or should I say, pilots with crew experience) over single seaters?

I ask because I have an app in with a rec, and hours and quals well above the mins, and no skeletons. The words I've been hearing is that they're really short on pilots and it seems like people on this board are getting called for interviews after a very short time. All my time is F-16 though.

I've also notice that I've had a difficult time finding UPS employees in the F-16 community.

There are quite a few fighter types running around UPS. I know of one F-16 guy in the 75 training dept, a few managers and know of many others.

From what I was told by HR, the selection process for getting interviews in computerized now. I do not know criteria they use or if the size of the plane is considered.

Preemptive notch - please do not hijack this thread into yet another "heavy pilots are better airline pilots/If you had studied harder you would have gotten fighters" discussion. That has been beaten to death