Thread: FDX Section 6 Openers

Gunter , 10-10-2010 07:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2006
Quote: Yes, it's your certificate and Yes, you did earn it. However, the company didn't hire you as part time help, and as such, any commercial hours that you fly, other than military, goes against your max allowable hours, both for the 30 rolling days as well as the 1000 hours annual. What the company doesn't want is for you to bump up against those time limits and therefore become illegal to fly a company trip.

JJ
As always I respect you and your opinion.

But when folks get hit with 4a2b the restriction to not fly elsewere should be gone until 4a2b is lifted. I know should doesn't mean squat if it's not in the CBA, so let's put it in there.

Their valid arguments for laying down 4a2b - saving money, preventing furlough - will only be assisted by someone getting some flying on the side. Even if it means making that his semi-full time job and FDX part time.

IMHO, the company is declaring they only want you (certain crewmembers) part time during 4a2b. I don't care if the wrong crewmembers, in seats they don't want to reduce hours, choose to make FDX part time. Since they have proven they will spend a ton of money on projects even in 4a2b, they can spend a little on realignment to accomodate those making FDX their part time employer.

Just think of all the funny games they played with reserve, extra pairings and field extensions last time. And the dues paid that year was very close to the year before!

4a2b = part time