View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 PM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
Well of course, there are going to be a few folks in any group that have some different priorities and ideas. I guess you could consider any thought that any individual might have to be "part of it", but that's really not what I'm talking about. The quote from the Delta pilot in the AJC article made it sound like the dissatisfaction with ALPA and the movement for DPA mainly had to do with integration issues from the merger. I don't believe that is an accurate assessment... based on the discussion that has taken place here and elsewhere, along with all the material on the DPA web site.

What have you seen to indicate that DPA is in response to merger integration in the same way (or even similar) as to what happened at US Airways? Cause I haven't seen a thing that would lead me to believe this is the case.
----------

Although not directed at me, I'll take a whirl: What I have seen at former NWA base(s) is the majic marker graffiti that says something to the effect of

"ALPA the only union not recognizing DOH"

While this may not be directly related to DPA, "perception is reality" and "there's a little truth in everything."

Again, this DPA thing is not the same as USAPA, but there is likely some root in SLI dissatisfaction IMO.