Old 10-11-2010, 11:17 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Why?

The effect will be to trade furloughs.

Why should employed pilots be furloughed to make way for pilots from another carrier?

How about plan B: Hold management over a barrel to renegotiate agreements during a merger to FORCE the airline to do its own flying? IE while management is at the table, close scope loopholes. That results in a win for both sides.

I think Delta did the right thing in giving furloughed pilots back their longevity.
I think of it more like what if 1,000 of us are furloughed and then we merge with Alaska. Why not keep furloughed pilots in the mix, it doesn't mean you have to bring them back immediately and furlough others, they just don't come back until hiring resumes and then they come back in place. We're used to bypass guys doing it.

Just saying, if we furloughed that's how I'd want it.

Now as to plan B. That's the Free Buzz Pat plan. It'd also flood the market with capacity, however, in the Alaska case if AMR bought them couldn't we grow on our own as we'd all like because what we already have is SEA and LAX international connections. It's doable, once somebody buys Alaska.

Which I hope is AMR, and I hope we battle them out and run the price up and win that.