View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

I will take a stab at what is rumored to be going on. I don't doubt the pay banding issue is the true hold up. This inmost likely ploy by the UA negotiator Hepner in his bid to secure position with the combined MEC. He can cast theatrics in negotiations,change his position to the satisfaction of the cal mec and portray himself as a uniter when it was him causing the problems in the first place. Watch where these guys wind up AFTER the JNC and you can piece together the back room deals that took place. What grinds my gears is they are doing this at the detriment to the group as a whole. No surprise, but in the end it is costing all of us money.

I for one am opposed to splitting the 400/777 rates. The distinct possibility exist that we negotiate less money for an 80+ ac fleet. The 24 or 25 (depends on whose counting) 400's may not be around for the length of the contract. I could see 777's replacing them all. We would then be working for less than we could have, to appease the small 400 fleet. I realize there are SLI implications with the split and I personally don't support creating the split. Just treat the 400 and 777 as one fleet. It is not like there is a huge difference in the seniority of the guys flying those airplanes.

So to the UA NC, suck it up. Stop politicizing our careers. Act like adults and work together. I would hope the CAL NC is doing the same.

L