Thread: CAL MEC Update
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:48 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
In business you follow the money. In ALPA politics you follow the positions. Watch who elevates themselves in the combination and you'll find people that took care of themselves more than the group. It is sickening to see these clowns show their true colors.
It's kind of interesting how you are so "in the know" about OUR pilots/union members. For your information, I'm happy with the way our MEC leadership works. In fact, they DO return my calls/emails (yep, I'm just a lowly line pilot too). And I've been impressed at the speed of which they do so to. They are required to work for ME, not pilots at other airlines. So the fact that they don't make decisions based on what YOU want isn't relevant. They aren't required to be on APC answering posts to appease pilots they don't represent either. Further, not everyone has an agenda like you allude to. They perform a job I don't want nor have the time for. I applaud them for that. But how about toning down the "they only follow the positions" rhetoric? Some pilots DO have our best interests at heart as tough as that may be for you to understand. Flame away. Off my soapbox.....