View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 05:02 AM
avanti
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default ME rating by XMAS- help!

Someone out there-- please tell me where I can get my ME rating (in a PA44) by Xmas?? I already have 20 hours in a seminole, and no ME rating yet. It doesn't help that I live outside the US and I have done all my ME flying in the Pacific NW, where the weather tends to be bad and the 5000ft ceilings my school requires for engine out procedures are hard to find. So it seems every time I am making progress with the training it is time to come back home (i.e. leave the country) and then I have to pick off where I left off and then some when I next return. I am really sick of this, and I just really want to get the rating out of the way ASAP. I have quite a bit of information put together on the Seminole systems, so I would rather stay in that plane if possible. Where should I go?! I really want to get it done within a one week time frame, and obviously I need to go somewhere with decent weather this time of year. Help!!!!!! PS: My goal is to be a professional pilot, and I have my private and 130 hours TT time now. Thank you for your replies folks!