View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Phantom Flyer
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Cool So Brave or So Stupid

Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Although I have my issues with the ACLU, if I were this pilot, I would be contacting them immediately. They'd have this on CNN and other news networks by tomorrow morning. I couldn't agree more that things are being taken to an extreme level in regards to airport security these days. I as well have refused a AIT scan, however instead of receiving an immediate pat down, I had to wait 3-4 minutes.

Good luck on your fight brother! We should all be so brave.
What is the ACLU going to do for this pilot ? Federal law is exactly that and while we all despise going through security screening as professional pilots, let's not loose sight of the fact that impostors have gotten through screening before and boarded flights; those who aren't pilots have purchased uniforms and were able to get into the sterile areas of Cat X airports and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what other consequences can come out of abandoning the current protocols.

Do we need CrewPass ? Absolutely. Good ol' ALPA was pushing for it and almost had FAA approval during the mid 1990's (1993 to be exact) until it became a political "issue". Until the federal authorities wake up and common sense prevails, we have to live with the current system...like it or not.

BTW, was this pilot "brave" in challenging the TSA ? I think not. If you prefer not to go through AIT screening, fine. Then accept a pat down, be professional and get on with it. He wasn't brave, he was stupid. Know when to pick your battles.

G'Luck Mates