View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by DAL 88 Driver View Post
You know, it's kinda like when I was a DC-9 instructor at my previous airline. If I had a student that was struggling, the difference between someone who was giving it their best effort (obviously trying their best to achieve the objective of proficiency) and someone who didn't seem to really care (apparently not giving it their best effort)... well that would make a world of difference in how much extra training that individual would get and to what degree we would work with that individual to get him or her through.

ALPA has not in my opinion been giving restoration their best effort. Heck, they won't even acknowledge it as an objective or talk about it at all! I can tell when someone is trying to achieve something or not because a normal person or organization has identified it as their objective and is constantly talking about it and focused on it. I don't see any of evidence of ALPA working towards restoration. Nada, zilch, zip. On the other hand, if DPA comes in and is obviously working towards this objective... doing everything they can to achieve it...well I can go a lot further with that, just like the struggling student. I don't expect anyone to be perfect or achieve perfect results. But I do expect them to have appropriate objectives and give it their best effort.

Fair enough DAL88. I can see your point with that statement. I would venture to bet that the new MEC will probably look and feel a lot different than the current one. Even a single person leaving can have a significant change on the way the others operate, so lets give our input to our reps on why we want in there.
Elections are next month.