View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Rabid Seagull View Post
chuck416;887055]"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches

How is the treatment that even our passengers endure daily NOT CLEARLY a violation of our basic constitutional rights?

Well if you keep reading through the Constitution, I believe, #125 " except in an aerodrome"

You're saying that flying is a Right and therefore should be protected by the Constitution? You know what is required of you when you buy and travel on an airline ticket these days...unreasonable?

And if its not in the fine print on an airline ticket (I haven't bought one in 20 years)...it soon will be.

Gotta go now because I think I hear the Tea Party express bus driving to this XJT pilot's house. This guy will have his 15 minutes of fame, I just hope he can articulate his side a little better (that's why i stay home on forums,"they" can't search me here) when he's on the Glenn Beck show.
Seagull -

People do often want to apply RIGHTS to everyday situations.
It has been said over and over on these forums during other discussions that FLYING IS NOT A RIGHT, yet when the situation presents itself we try to apply those same protections. Although FLYING isn't a right, we are suppose to be protected from such 'uneasonable' actions by the gov't; and since TSA is the gov't in this case, does that make it more plausible?
It rears its' head on the forum sometimes when something gets deleted and the mods/admins are accused of violating some's FREE SPEECH. Our resident lawyer vagabond has a nice prepared response that can educate the misguided.

I think TSA has gone to far, I'm not a fan of the regulations, I think they focus on the wrong issues, and our search of the perfect politically correct nirvana dilutes our limited resources away from the real problem; but for now it is what it is - and I hope it can be changed in the future.

Until then, we can still hope for an articulate spokesperson to bring the fight out into the open. If the reviews of this pilot's interview so far are accurate (I did not see the mentioned CNN interview nor have I seen the internet video cip), then I'm afraid that this is not the guy.

I don't know a lot about CrewPASS, but I certainly hope that you airline pilots can get something in place to speed you along the security screening process. Btw - to all of us regular passengers out there along for the ride - when you see a crew trying to make it through screening, offer them a spot in line and don't make them have to ask if they can cut in.

USMCFLYR