Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
espee
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Aren't we in radar contact?

Originally Posted by grupspdmode View Post
Anyone have any hard information from hr on how many more are to be hired? Is compass still conducting interviews? When will classes run till?
Between now and January 31, 2011 there are five more new hire classes scheduled in the training plan. Recent class size has varied from a high of nine to a low of five (was supposed to be six, but one changed his mind). I don't know planned class sizes for the next classes, but I would estimate a target of six per class.

Average flight times of new hires has been roughly 2500 TT. Low end is about 1600, recent high end 9000. However that top end was an internal hire, if you disregard him, the high end drops to about 6700. I don't recall multi times, sorry.

Everyone in this hiring cycle (approx Spring 2010 onward) is prior 121, vast majority, I'd say +90% are 121 regional. Seeing plenty of Horizon and Mesa folks, followed by Mesaba, Comair, Colgan, Commutair, etc. Have not seen a pure 135 pilot in quite some time, probably over a year now.

Hope this helps. I don't know the status of interviews right now, or how many slots are filled in the remaining classes. Also, there may be more classes after January 31, but I don't know if the training plan after that date has been set yet.

Last edited by espee; 10-24-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Corrected date