View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:17 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
OK, please explain this to me. My understanding is the issue here is the 777 and the 747 being banded together for pay.

While I understand and get behind a separate pay category for the 747 given weight, banding this airplane as into a "widebody" category for pay is not going to cost jobs. They are separate type ratings and qualifications. Just like our 777s and 767s are banded for pay purposes, they are still separate type ratings requiring different staffing. Same with our 757s and 737-800/900s...large narrow body.

The only banding for staffing occurs on the 757 and 767 here at CAL. Again, my understanding is this whole banding issue is related to PAY of the 747.
Coto has said this before on multiple occasions. I've called it out as "baseless", and have asked for an explanation as to how it will 'cost jobs under banded pay'??

Just claims he's made thus far with no evidence to even substantiate his reasoning.

I don't buy it either. Hate to drag out the "S" word, "Carved Out" B747 scale ONLY bodes we'll for 'old' UAL pilots in JCBA and SLI.....very little/to nothing for the 'old' CAL guys to gain.