View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
I believe that the gent was questioning business class. Jet has a cheaper business class ticket than EK $445 US versus $716. The service on Jet may not be as ornate as EK, but at the end of the day one can still get their liquor on both carriers. Also, both carriers are safe with well trained crews and maintained aircraft. At the end of the day, not withstanding the fact that you are an EK flyer, but if you are a fare paying passenger, which would you choose?

As for duty free??? I gotta tell you the duty free in DBX is for the rich and famous and a truly educated consumer. Booze is cheaper in India before clearing customs and after immigration even cheaper than BKK, if you can believe that. At the end of the day does one travel to shop at duty free??? or for the cheapest seat?
I guess it depends if he was paying for it himself or not and what level of frustration one is willig to endure to save a few dollars. I just did a Mumbai turn last night. That place is one big construction zone now. 50 minute gate hold after calling ready for departure. It isn't the ideal place to be making connections from.

TP