View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot View Post
I guess it depends if he was paying for it himself or not and what level of frustration one is willig to endure to save a few dollars. I just did a Mumbai turn last night. That place is one big construction zone now. 50 minute gate hold after calling ready for departure. It isn't the ideal place to be making connections from.

TP
Yeah TP... I have to agree with you about the BOM airport operations. A few months back a colleague from a former airline asked to describe what it’s like to operate out of Mumbai. My reply was "Two words. Only two words you need to know. "Organized Chaos".

I did a DBX turn last night. After an A330 departed, we were cleared to line up and wait. I had my F/O hack the clock after the heavy lifted off. I have to tell you that I was impressed with the controller. It was 2 minutes after the heavy lifted off when we were cleared for takeoff. Too bad BOM does not follow ICAO standards when it comes to separation from large and heavy aircraft between departures. And another thing…. I dream of the day when I can actually land with a head wind component on RWY 27 at BOM.

I have to say that the handlers in both DBX and BOM are truly friendly folks here and mean well.

All the best

Capt