View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 PM
jonnyjetprop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Hey since some of you world guys are here I have a few questions.
I know that there are long deployments with you guys. My wife and I have talked about it and she is all for it. What I am wondering is what it is realy like? How does the system work, and realistically, how long can I expect to be gone. I would really like to work there, and am willing to give up on the majors to do so. For the most part, I have been told that they treat you fairly well. That is something I am looking for in a company. What is pay like? Not what is gurantee, but what are you likely to make the first few years?
Please feel free to commet or correct me.
Time off? Under the new contract, You'll really get 12 days off. The problem will come during the beginning and end of the months running into each other. Smart bidding will help but the potential to be gone 3 weeks in a row is there. The often overlooked part is that with homebasing, you're not burning days off to get to work nor do you have to move.

Money$$$

DC 10 FO $3773
MD11 FO $4030

Thats per month base. I'd figure at least 10-20% more. The bump at second year is pretty good. $5400-$4800 base. Second year you'll also be talking profit sharing (if any). The first seven years I got maybe $5000 total, but the last four years I got the max each year which was 10% of the prievous years compensation. I got around 11k last year and that was split between being a DC 10 and MD11 captain.

The talk is for more DC-10's pax birds coming but who knows Don't worry about the panel, there is a long line of over 60 guys looking to jump in.