View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.
Thumbs up

I was at the job fair at ATL. During the company speech and from the Delta Rep that I bought a beer for the night before said they are targeting pilots with 4500 - 8000 hours(he did mention that ove 8000 would not be considered) over 1500 PIC jet and letter of rec's from Delta employees (and make sure they use a Delta email address) and from pilots you are currently flying with. Part 121 or 135 experience is prefered as well but not required. They also emphasized the four year degree and a descent GPA. I did not ask about or hear about the ATP. I am not trying to discourage anyone I am just repeating what was said to me. They also mentioned that they are not going to start hiring again until early next year. I have been applying since 2007 and not heard a word, hopefully it will happen soon. I have 6300 TT, 2500+ PIC jet all 135/91 and 121 SIC (BEX/AE SAAB 340), a 4 year degree and two internal recs and multiple currently flying with letter of rec. I forgot to mark the yellowfever box until after they started calling on this last round but hopefully I will get a call this next round. If you don't meet the qualifications I listed I wouldn't spend the money just yet. I personally think the pilot job market is turning (it has been slow) and will continue to be positive for the next couple of years. This is the second one I have been to the first one was May of 2008 in Las Vegas.
Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Climbto450; 11-01-2010 at 08:42 PM.