View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
CFItillIdie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Goodyear Blimp-roap jockey, CSIP, CFII, MEI

If you are really looking into the Cirrus market, get your CSIP (Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilot) training. It is not cheap by any means, but it opens some doors to flying them. I got my CSIP because a student of mine bought one and he put me in the factory training at KDLH. It was great networking for me, and I have had a good amount of networking opportunities because of it. It is a very small community so maybe join COPA (Cirrus Owners and Pilot Association) to start. It is a paid subscription but only about 35 bucks for a CFI. Check it out and put your name out there. Just to give you an idea the insurance companies are going to want you to be a CSIP most of the time to instruct in them...its just how they are these days. Guys teach in them all the time w/o a CSIP however....just the honor system I guess. But like I said, buyer beware! For those of you guys who went to those fancy flight schools w/ SR20's and 22's, you should have more than enough SR time to qualify for the insurance, but to be a CSIP you have to have 500 hrs TT. Good luck!