View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
LandGreen2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by AA gear puller View Post
As some of you may know by now the TSA is implementing a new screening device that uses radiation to essentially "see" through any outer garments. The government and the manufacturer claim the devices are safe of course but some independent researchers question this. These machines will be mandatory for pax and crew but you do have the option to opt out and undergo a "police" style pat down that is very thorough. We as aircrew are subjected to a hell of a lot of radiation as it is and our union is recommending that we NOT go through these devices. I'm just passing this along and encouraging all crew not to go through these machines and to opt for the manual search. I'm sure if the other unions have any sense at all they have recommended the same thing. If not please pass it on to fellow crew.

Thanks.
I also like the idea of not cutting in line in front of passengers anymore (unless you are commuting, of course). I think CREWPASS would be fixed overnight if the airlines saw delays at the TSA screening checkpoints everyday! Why are we cutting in line?...to get to the flight on time?....this is HURTING our leverage to get crewpass funded, IMO!