View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:45 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by dbtownley View Post
I have not personally seen any of the resumes. I am down in the Little Rock at the completion center for the Hawker 987 (750, 900X) and the Hawker 4000. I do know that the demo/trans group is looking for some King Air experience, they are wanting to have a person become Ferry/Transportation/Demo Captain very quickly. As for the test world, it is all over the place as for times/types. I do think we hire for the person and train for skill. I just got lucky with the right time and right place kind of thing. I was not a Test Pilot in the Navy, but I had a bunch of FCF experience. Let me know if you need any more info
That Ferry / Transportation / Demo Captain sounds really interesting; but I assume that they are looking for full time pilots and not contract. I've heard a couple of people around here talking about contracting work on the side but I'm not sure how they would find the time.
I don't have a test background either, but like you - a lot of FCF time / experience.
Who knows what may be in the future? Thanks for the input. If you hear of anyone actually picking up one of the jobs let us know.

USMCFLYR