View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
We do? There's not a single thing left of the way we operated at NWA. Not paperwork, manuals, flight plans, performance...nothing. What hodgepodge integration could there be when you don't integrate anything of the other company? The AWABS system that we fNWA guys all learned was the same AWABS system you guys were using before the merger. Our training memos stated that clearly along with telling us how great it works. After the merger, that SAME SYSTEM was so jacked up, that management has gone to this new band-aid to fix the bad on time arrival statistics.

So I'll state it again: If the old AWABS system worked so flawlessly before the merger, why is it broken now even at bases, planes and pilots that were identical before the merger? Could it be that the system was badly flawed before as well as after? That was my point. If I'm still missing the boat, I trust you'll let me know.

Carl
Do you not read the weekly "Flying Operations" publications? They have stated many times that there were over 300 items that they were going to go back over after they achieved SOC. Many of those items were things they liked that NWA had. Like I have said before, give em a chance to put their heads up to make sure the boat is going in the correct direction before delving in to more of these tasks. Failing to do so could result in more issues being created rather than fixed.