View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
We do? There's not a single thing left of the way we operated at NWA. Not paperwork, manuals, flight plans, performance...nothing. What hodgepodge integration could there be when you don't integrate anything of the other company? The AWABS system that we fNWA guys all learned was the same AWABS system you guys were using before the merger. Our training memos stated that clearly along with telling us how great it works. After the merger, that SAME SYSTEM was so jacked up, that management has gone to this new band-aid to fix the bad on time arrival statistics.

So I'll state it again: If the old AWABS system worked so flawlessly before the merger, why is it broken now even at bases, planes and pilots that were identical before the merger? Could it be that the system was badly flawed before as well as after? That was my point. If I'm still missing the boat, I trust you'll let me know.

Carl
Actually Carl, there's a new preface that has all kinds of previously unavailable stuff on it. You can get it when the flt plan is available - I do not remember the code to get it.. Also, the Gates -at least DTW - prints out 2 of everything. For me, its too much ppwk. And, I think you'll get very little arguement from DALS folks that the int'l flt plan is oddly formatted.

I look forward to a new best of everything system. The bulletins and procedural changes are beginning to leave my pea brain in the dust. I know it isnt what you folks had to go thru- with training by memo- but my brain is smaller or there is just less room in it.

Just a complete side note here - commuted up to DTW the other day in the back row of a -9. No kidding, when we touched down, I didnt know it - until the reversers went out - its pretty loud back there. I just wonder if I had a NewK sighting.