View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 AM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Network network network. Unless you're one of the very few that just kind of lands into a job by being in the right place at the right time, you absolutely HAVE to know the right folks.

Don't know what you consider high pay or easy flying... I'm certainly not the highest paid corporate pilot... I figure that my annual salary (2nd year with this company) + bonuses and other benefits is equal to that of about a 5th year CRJ captain at a regional airline these days... (based on APC info and an 85 hr credit month).

But when you work out my salary based on hours flown and QOL if tops the charts. The highest current hourly pay rate I could find was $199/hr for a 12th year AA 777 Captain. Based on the numbers of hours flown last year and my straight salary, I was paid just over $250 per flight hour.

Looking back at the logbook and calendar, and accounting for office and airport days where I didn't fly, I worked 1 day for every two that I had off or sat at home on "reserve".

I'd call that high pay with easy flying for the type of work that I'm doing and QOL... I could go somewhere else (like NetJets) and probably double my salary in just a few years, but I'd much rather live a more modest life and have time to do the things I want to with my family.