View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 AM
dashtrash300
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by bigscrillywilli View Post
I'm not willing to make $19,000 a year at a regional again and it's kind of hard to go to a real airline without an ATP. I'm just saying that's it all been downhill since I've been hired and I've been listening to people say there's a "big announcement" coming for almost 5 years now. Nothing is going to happen at PDT. We are very insignificant and very replaceable in the US Airways system. How hard do you think it would be for them to get Commutair or Colon to do our flying? I think their guys make a little less than these 20 plus year dinosaurs on our Dash 8's.
I understand but after 5 years you should have enough savings to offset first year airline pay until you can return to a more normal pay. That is how a lot of these 30-40 year old guys get stuck at regionals...they have families but didn't plan enough ahead to be able to take such a dramatic pay cut for first year major pay or even having to start over at a regional again. Sh&t happens and you have to be ready. Personally I think the 30+ year guys are the real problem.