View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:21 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Don't forget how badly ALPA is missing the mark on the Flight and Duty times opportunity they are Pi*ssing away right now. I agree, the spinmeisters will try to say DPA is only the NWA guys with sour grapes. Simply not true. Lots of Delta South guys have been waiting for something like this to come along. In the end the general members will pick the president and other representatives, be it FNWA or FDAL.
Jack
ALPA's position is not a rubber stamp of the NPRM. Their proposal was the one they put out over nine months ago. A lot of the NPRM is against ALPA's position. As others have stated, they are part of the ARC so they cannot comment.

I will also agree, DPA is not a N v S issue, it is a DALPA issue and does not show favoritism to one pre merger group or the other. It is a symptom of horrible communication of the direction this association is going.

I know a ton of S FO's that have turned cards in, though most will never vote for DPA if it ever comes to a vote. They just want ALPA to actually respond to their concerns and the fact that, yes, they hear them and are carrying their water.

I see that happening and will continue to as we move forward.