Gets Weekends Off
Fly4hire
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2005
  • Position
    Left, left, left right left....
Quote: If the DPA proponents want to build a union from scratch then have them do it, don't ask the current volunteers to pick up the mess DPA's leadership would leave behind.

IMO, the DPA leadership doesn't have a plan to takeover, nor the stomach for real union work, that's why their counting on ALPA volunteers to be DPA volunteers.

ALPA work is hard enough already, why put your family through it as a DPA volunteer when there is no support structure, no resources and no capabilities to do your job properly.

You want to build a union, then build it.
Those Reps I have spoken to see the best way to serve the DAL pilots is within the existing ALPA structure, warts, thorns and all. It's not perfect, needs work, but is still far better than the alternative.

Reference serving the DAL pilots most volunteers view a new untested union going into contract negotiations a huge disservice to the pilot group at best, and an unmitigated disaster at worst. But of course they can always pay some of those extra dues they are saving and buy professional negotiators like APA. I'm sure ALPA will be willing to sell those services

Most volunteers spend countless hours of their free time serving, and are now being possibly told by referendum that the services and time they provide is substandard, but please come and help out at the new union, its really only the leadership? And we know the "new" leadership is going to be any better how?

I think most, if not all will pass and enjoy the free time while all those with better ideas get to put their money where there mouth is.