View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Zapata
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 747 FO

Originally Posted by N9373M View Post
Just read an article on CNN about a pax who refused the X-Ray/AIT, and was of course given a pat down. His exact words to the TSA agent, was "touch my junk and I'll sue".

I'm all for CREWPASS for pilots for the obvious reasons.

All I've heard is complaints and violations of civil rights, but no solutions from the public.

What should be done about the flying public? If the bad guys put stuff in their shoes, undies or cavities, doesn't it make sense TSA has to check there?

What is the solution? Profiling?

I think we should model what the Israeli's do. They don't have these super scanners and they don't racially profile. They use behavioral profiling and all passengers are "interviewed" by well-trained and vetted, intelligent university students whom served in the military.

OK, we don't have conscription. However, I think airport security should be under the control of the military. Then, if these Bubba's, Billy Bob's and Shaniqua's TSA "Officers" really want to be a government employee and do airport security, they should sign up for military service. TSA in its current form is an entitlement program for the so-called "Officers" and this bureaucracy's main goal is not effective security, but self-preservation through fear and the weilding of power.

Originally Posted by Homa View Post
Yes, profiling...

Unfortunately, the PC fringe in our society scoffs at such an idea.
If you mean racial profiling (I think you do by your "PC" comment) then no, not racial profiling. i.e. Racial profiling would not have singled out Richard Colvin Reid, the shoe bomber. Truely effective profiling is behavioral profiling by adequately trained personnel.