View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 AM
nicholasblonde
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by nightice View Post
I didn't see this posted anywhere but the new pass policy for 9E and XJ will be effective sometime in January 2011. A few positives but not so sure the transoceanic travel days going to 6 and losing seniority for travel purposes anything over 6 is a move in the right direction...it's going backwards. Goes to S4, date of travel. Basically, behind "all" buddy pass riders and still paying the flight day 'penalty'. So they are gaining 3 more free travel days with the exchange of going to S4 for transoceanic travel over 6. Everything else appears to be an improvement.
Lest we forget that 9E still has a jumpseat agreement with Delta Airlines that contains no restriction on international jumpseating (cabin of course), other than paying taxes. This is regularly violated by Delta (management) policies making us pay for international travel days.

I wonder what would happen if you did not pay the $50 for non-rev/Travelnet, and went to the gate to list as a cabin jumpseater for a flight to London...hmmmm....technically we are supposed to be able to UNLIMITED, as long as the CA is ok with it....

And don't even get me started on the fact that our contract explicitly says we get buddy passes...company response "WE aren't denying you buddy passes, DELTA is...DELTA owns the seats, so we can't really give you buddy passes." Almost as bad as the Wall Street p.o.s.'s testifying to Congress on how they created the subprime mess and profited hugely from it....