Thread: E190 Awards
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Floatplane

Post EMB-190 Results?

I am not sure what you are looking for in terms of a response. For me it was truly a financial decision to not bid for the EMB-190. I don't know how you can have a discussion of the results and leave the pay issue out of the discussion. Furthermore, the way in which the bid was constructed with the fence built in to protect the yet to be hired new captains really did not sit too well with me either. But, it is what it is, and for me it was not the right choice.

I wish all of those who got the award the best of luck and success in their new positions. This will definately be a valuable asset to jetBlue and will give us a operational tool that we did not have in our bag of tricks prior to now. Hopefully, in the future we can have a more open and fluid process that will allow the pilots to be more fairly represented. Only time will tell.

I think the bid itself speaks volumes about the issue of pay. Not too many that could hold captain in the A-320 in the next 2 years took the bid. I am sure we all can read into that whatever we want, but for me I will choose to keep it simple, pay is what puts food on the table and a roof over my head. The rest is secondary.

Cheers!