View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
AKASHA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by Lowlevel View Post
What don't you get? The passengers would have complained if the flight canceled. The crew tried to make the pax happy by completing the flight, but could not make it to the destination before the airport closed. They diverted to the alternate airport and had transportation arranged for the passengers.
Why would anyone stay on a plane for three hours in order to protest? Why not get your butt on a bus and get home? If they did not have buses, I'm sure the airline would have given hotel rooms.
There have been several times that we have not reached our destination and diverted to an alternate (due to wx). We either had buses take the pax to their destination, gave them hotels, or rescheduled them on later flights. Sure, some people were upset, but never refused to leave the aircraft!
Personally, I think the pilots should have cranked the heat on high and see how long it took for the pax to say they wanted to leave.
Obviously the pax would have complained if the fight cancelled. But I'm quite sure they would have got off the plane.

Its THEIR JOB AND RESPONSIBILITY to arrange transportation for the passengers! Patting yourself on the back for this?

For as long as the airline idustry continues this attitude toward the customer, my job security increases.