View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:19 AM
cencal83406
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by UAL T38 Phlyer View Post
Wonder why the TSA is now using more 'intrusive' measures, including full-body scans and pat-downs?

To hear the whiners, they are doing it for no reason. However, I 'm sure the screeners don't enjoy their new duties, nor would the TSA spend a lot of money on body-scanners when all Federal budgets are strapped.

I would think it is because they have credible intelligence that suggests or confirms that the terrorists are hiding explosives in the areas of their person that were previously 'off-limits.' I think it is also why the Feds are quiet or limited on explanations why this is necessary.

When you go to a doctor, it is understood that he may touch you.

Most states have an implied-consent law for driving, which means if you drive and are pulled over, the police can test your BAC.

No one is forced to go to a doctor, drive a car, or buy an airline ticket. If you choose to fly, you choose to be screened.

I would rather passengers be over-screened than let one more terrorist attack be successful.
I'd rather die from a terrorist attack in a free country than in a prison because my country went old school Nazi Germany and started making up charges.

Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!

To the poster above, thank you for your service to our country, and this is not how I envisioned our government thanking you for your service... by continually encroaching upon our Constitutional Rights as American citizens.