View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 09:40 AM
LostInPA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: B737 F/O

Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged View Post
CenCal83406- You are welcome.

To those of you who jumped on this with the typical left versus right dogma that most of us are sick of hearing, I implore you to drop that crap and think about the country as a whole.

If you are even half way educated, you know enough to see what history has done to cultures who have gone down this path.

This is not about left vs right!
Atlas and Cencal have hit it right on. Just becuase there are lunatics out there who will do anything to hurt American citizens is not justification to destroy an entire industry. Oh, the 'law and order' crowd will tell that the 'nude o scope' and groping pat-downs are necessary for 'safety', but when the screeners themselves aren't screened, it's all just hyperbole and charades.

In addition, mission creep is so rampant, I don't think the TSA even knows what they're supposed to search for. They've made their 'administrative search' into a dragnet not related to items that can harm an aircraft. Baggie of weed, $10,001 in cash or? Yep, that's a problem. For some reason they divert attention from searching for HARMFUL objects and call LEO's for things like that, so their blog can justify the agency's existence with a big 'bust'. Somebody drop me a line next time that extra dollar over the limit, or that ounce of pot endangers the safety of flight.

I want the part of my tax money that went to this agency refunded.