View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:47 PM
snippercr
Does NOT get weekends off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ - 145
Default Safety pilot and Airline Apps

I am filling out airline apps and they are really picky about how they want time entered for each aircraft I have flown.

They stress that PIC time they want only as PIC time - not when it was student or instructor time. So I have gone through and re added my times up to include ONLY the time I was PIC (not my time as a student or instructor).

However, going through my l saw some times when I was either a safety pilot (for another pilot who was under the hood) and when I had a safety pilot (time when I was under the hood). Each instance is clearly marked as "Safety Pilot: NAME" or "Safety pilot for:"

Am I "reading into" the application and thinking I should exclude that? They only mention instructing/student time so I am tempted to think I SHOULD include safety pilot time. I used a safety pilot when I was working to build my 40 hours of instrument time for my instrument rating, and I acted as safety pilot for a buddy getting his instrument rating while I was trying to build time for my commercial (250). I have since not acted as safety pilot or had another instructor log safety pilot time.

I am applying to eagle and I know they are quick to send people a'packing so I don't want them to accuse me of trying to lie on my application.

Also my multi-engine add on for my commercial - should that be considered PIC time? I am trying to remember if checkrides for an aircraft a pilot is not CURRENTLY rated for (I was going for the checkride for it) still counts.

Thanks.