Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 PM
reddog25
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
Saw this on the regional side and guess it was taken from the ExpressJet Forums. This is worth considering since one man took a stand and started this ball rolling in the public eye.

Folks,

We've been dealing with a lot due to the TSA and this governments handling of pilots and security. One of our own, Michael Roberts started this. He stood up for what he believed in. What a lot of us believe in. He stood by his convictions and did what he though was the right thing for this profession and this country. Many of us, myself included, haven't had the same courage to stand up. As a result Michael is on unpaid leave. Like many of us he has a family. I didn't have the courage to stand up like he did but I'd like to help him give his family a nice Holiday season. I'm not asking for a debate on whether he's handling it appropriately or if he could do it better. What I am asking is that whomever else agrees with me to pony up a couple bucks to help ease the stress I'm sure he's feeling some stress this Holiday season. If you can spare anything, 20 bucks, 10 bucks, whatever, please consider giving a little to Michael and his family. I think most people know and trust me and I'll open my account up to anyone to prove that anything donated goes directly to him. I'm going to start it off by giving $50. Anyone else who would like to give a couple bucks please send it to my pay-pal account. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

Oh and feel free to pass on any fees to me and I'll take care of those as well. Thanks to the guys who've already kicked in!
Courage or stupidity