View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 AM
rvrabel2002
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: on the beach

Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
No. Never at anytime blame anyone else but yourself - even if you were not at fault. I am not trying to be condescending, I am just saying what the interviewer wants to hear.

Take responsibility for it - admit it was your mistake and more importantly what you learned from it. A warning letter is just that, a warning. No action was taken. The interviewer will want to know what you learned. THEN you can bring in how you felt that the organization did not provide you the best information (do NOT bad mouth them!!) and you feel that a mistake that grave, not telling a pilot an airplane is grounded, is reason to separate yourself from the company.

For your floating job, did the name of the company atop your paycheck (or direct deposit slip) change at all? If not, they I would just list it as one company.

If you list your permanent address is NJ, why not use that? I too have been bouncing around places (all in same area) while at college and now my new job. I think list something that you feel you have and will be at for the longest.
I completely agree with this. I do not want to bad mouth the employer, because i know they will perceive it as not taking responsibility.

Paycheck came from the same company, so i will just leave the same.

As far as permanent address though, the problem i have is bills and other things have been sent to numerous addresses over the years, and trying to pinpoint exact dates i was at specific addresses is next to impossible.

I think i may have found a solution though. I just got off the phone with my auto insurance company, and they provided me with a free service called lexis nexis which provides insurance, employment history, and residence history reports.

Great tool to use, just looked up my driver history and it only goes back 7 years though, and my violation was before that.

here is a link to anyone that might need this resource: https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/index.jsp

Thanks for your help man.