Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
lakehouse
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Andy,

Thanks, I am eying Capeair hard as a possible for next year, know someone there and they said they foresee strong FO hiring for 2010, also been shooting enotes back and forth with Gene at Cape he said if I had ATP i could be in the door tomorrow, basically anyone respectable could be. I don't meet 135 Capt mins yet, but could build them in 1-2 months as an FO.

The question I have is 1. can I afford to do it, as I make about 20Kish maybe a bit more now, 300ish a week is going to hurt. 2. I have a lease on my house in northern NJ was wondering if it was something I could commute, like I saw they fly into ALB. I need the multi-time and if my job now over the winter does not meet its hope of an upgrade to ME time, I would have to deal w subletting the lease/ taking the hit on pay to get that ME time and hopefully upgrade fairly quickly. Not sounding picky, its just not as cut/dry as it should seem.

Originally Posted by AndrewBVY View Post
Rick,

From my understanding, based on the company presentation at the interview, junior base is basically wherever they're the most busy at that particular time. FOs can plan on going to the midwest (St. Louis, Fort Leonard Wood, Cape Girardeau, etc.) since that's really the only region that uses FOs.

I have a friend who was hired as captain in June. He started based in HYA (Hyannis, MA) and was sent down to St. Thomas in October...

In terms of "bases" though, they told us that every single airport they fly into is considered a "base." So basically if Cape Air flies there, you can pick it as a base.

I'm sure there are other details that I'm not - and won't be- aware of until I start training.

- Andrew