View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Pineapple Guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Delta has not purchased or leased a 100 seat aircraft since 1983. That is 27 years ago. They simply don't have a interest. They love to trot out the 100 seat powerpoint presentation when they need something from us and put out rumors that a purchase will happen any day. The reality is that they do not feel they can operate that size aircraft at the mainline. They have pointed out many times that you can operate a 150 seat aircraft for almost the same cost as a 100 seater. In 2023 Delta pilots will still be talking about when the 100 seater is coming. The fact is after 20 years of management saying its coming any day I think perhaps its not going to happen. They have zero interest in the 717. They have been offered that aircraft many times by both MD and Boeing at great prices and passed everytime. Delta is once again looking at reducing fleet types not increasing them.
sailing, you're dead on accurate. I'm convinced DAL is counting on moving the scope line to permit the regional's to fly 99 seaters in C2012, in exchange for a reasonable pay raise for us. My answer is an emphatic NO, but I'm not convinced the majority will agree with me on that. I certainly hope so. If ALPA considers that one, I'll be switching sides....