View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Whale Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by DeadBeat View Post
Hopefully it's not the usual PFE type of program. Where they make you draw the electrical system on the blackboard. Did that type of stuff years ago, starting to get a little old for that kind of studying. I'll keep you guys updated on how the class is run..
Dont get your panties in a wad. IMO, the guys that have trouble in training fit into one of two categories.

1. They already know everything and what could they possibly be taught.

2. They treat it as a rote memory course. You can not possible know every word of every page. Don't try.

My advice is:

DO be able to draw every system. This way you do not have to memorize every configuration or malfunction in the system, just visualize the system and answer the question. KISS.

400 guys - memorize FMA's and the order they come in. Do NOT memorize every key stroke in the box. Train your brain to think like the guy who designed it.

That's my .02, with that and a "fin" you can get a cup at Starbucks, across the parking lot in the Marriott.

I would say good luck, but that has nothing to so with it. Later.

One more thing, Happy Hour, Catch of the Day., across the street. Don't be a slam clicker, enjoy paradise. :-) Your about to experience 50 or so days of training crammed into 75 days.