View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Klsytakesit

Originally Posted by SEA 737 View Post
I have had my fill of guys getting on my airplane, riding to their destination and leaving without EVER making contact with me. Happened again over the weekend. The guy was a Regional pilot WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER! Rode from MSY to IAD in first class. When I asked him if checking in with the Captain was no longer "fashionable" he gave me some **** and bull about how the last guy had seemed "annoyed" when he checked in. I don't buy it.
The jumpseat belongs to the CAPTAIN, NOT customer service and it is COMMON COURTESY to check in. Besides it is REQUIRED by the FAA if you are truly acting as an Observer Member of the Crew. Enough said.

Always be the consummate professional while jumpseating. It is one of the most valuable career benefits we have!
If you are not going to sit in the front, does it really matter...Let me correct you...The cockpit jumpseat belongs to the captain....the empty seat in the back belongs to the CSA....let the control thing go...When i used to sit in the left seat, I only wanted the dude or preferably the dudette to check in.....everybody in the back is just another non-rev