View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by volav8r1 View Post
Got a frantic call from scheduling last night at 1830. When my wife brought me the phone the following conversation ensued:

Me: Hello?

Scheduler: I have a trip for you, advise ready to copy

Me: Uhhh.....I think there's some mistake, I'm off today.

Scheduler: we are in inverse assignment for MEM and you are being junior assigned.

Me: uhhh......uhhhhhh.......hmmmmm......uhhhhh

Scheduler: (interupting my Uhhhh's) it is a two day trip, rotation XXXX, reports ASAP, returns back to MEM tomorrow evening at 1625. I'll show you notified. How quickly will you be able to report?

Me: uhhhhh......uhhhhhh?! Is this a DC-9 trip? I didn't know we went to MCI direct from MEM.

Scheduler: Yes, I need to know how long until you are at the gate? (emphatically, obviously annoyed at my confusion)

Me: well, uhhhh....There are a couple of issues at play here, 1st of all, I am out sick since I just had back surgery last week. And second of all....I'm not on the DC-9 anymore.....I'm on the Airbus.

Scheduler: Uhhhhhhh........Uhhhhhhhh. Oh, I see that now. Not sure how this happened. Uhhhhhhh......Ok, have a nice night.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! These poor schedulers would absolutely LOVE dual qualified pilots right now.