View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by hammer189 View Post
Your info is totally wrong about building reserve lines. Anything the company can build a pilot can build also. Read the gouge about building reserve lines.
A domestic pilot can build reserve on call days from 3-9 with from 1 to as many off as they have available to use.
Too short blocks "on call" (less than 3) can be built at the beginning or end of the bid period.
these are domestic examples of reserve. Read the PBS gouge on the deltanet and/or call the call center for bid assistance.
Now moving reserve days is a whole different animal and does suck badly!
We are talking about after PBS awards you a line. What you request in PBS is not what you always get. If PBS can build it and we can request it when bidding, we should be able to move X days using the same rules. The big three are one day off between blocks, more than a block of six on call days, and creating a block of two reserve days. PBS does that all day long when building lines, yet we can't do it after the schedules are published by moving X days.

PBS is getting very good at building reserve lines that virtually prohibit you from moving X days due to these requirements. For December it gave me three blocks of three days reserve and one block of two days reserve virtually locking up my ability to move 11 of my days regardless of coverage. It then gives me one day off after the block of two then 6 days reserve. Kinda be nice to move one of the FOUR days left I can move due to these rules into that one day off so I don't have a single day off, but I can't create a block of more than 6 even though PBS does it. So for December I have a total of 6 days in one block that could potentially be moved, but they are the ones that PBS unstacked on me so the coverage won't allow it. I'm not a consipiracy theorist type, but it's been uncanny the last couple of months how efficient PBS is getting at building lines like this that prohibit you from moving days even if coverage is good.