Old 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by FSUpilot View Post
Hello all... I posted this in the jetcareers forum as well but I just wanted to get your folks opinion.

Ive been trying and trying to get hired at a decent regional. Ive been following the industry for quite awhile and now that things are looking up a bit I am excited to possibly get hired.

My qualifications are: 1610 TT 250 ME 1100 turbine (caravan), IFR current, ATP written, current 135 freight job etc etc.. almost done with the 4 year degree.

Well over the past few weeks or so Ive been following AE and decided that I would really like to work there.. especially with the reduced upgrade time. So i kept updating my times daily on airline apps but I hadn't heard anything. Ive seen that guys with less time than I have been hired and interviewed so its a bit frustrating. I dont know anyone there so its just me trying to put out a good name for myself.

So this morning I got on the ball and updated my times on airline apps, updated and freshened up a resume and cover letter and sent an email directly to HR. During the airline apps update I decided to be as honest as I could and I checked the box "have you ever had any licenses suspended/revoked". I never checked it before because I didnt think the medical license applied to that. But being the honest guy I am i reconsidered it and went ahead and checked that box. I couldnt obtain a medical from 2002 to 2006 and explained this in the box provided. Now not an hour later I get a rejection letter from airline apps.

I am guessing that this is why I received this letter. It wasnt from AE human resources. I was bummed and I thought that maybe the email I had sent to directly to HR caused them to look at my application. It didnt dawn on me that maybe it was the box I checked this morning regarding the license suspension that shot out the automated email.

What are your guys thoughts on this? It says I cannot reapply for 6 months.

Oh, and I sent an email just a minute ago back to HR explaining what I though happened. Maybe they will look at it and take pity on me.

Thanks for hearing me vent.
I believe you did indeed make an error on the application. It's my understanding that applies to a pilots or driver's license and not denial of a medical certificate. If you currently hold a valid 1st class medical certificate and have never had your pilots or drivers license suspended or revoked, they should give you another look and at the very least remove the six-month restriction on reapplication.